Pipes for corrosive mediums, plastic air ducts, coal slurry pipelines, plastic sewer pipes.
Plastic pipes are used for manufacturing water, water solutions of acids and their salts, alkalis, oil products and any other liquid products with the temperature of up to 300 °С, and also plastic air ducts, plastic coal slurry pipelines, plastic sewer pipes. The pipes can be used underground, under water (including sea water), in the open air. They don’t un-dergo corrosion.
Depending on exploitation conditions, pipes can be made with inner surface protection by means of chemical-resistant, heat-resistant, sealing materials on the basis of carbon fi-ber-reinforced plastics, heat-resistant binding rubber compounds.
the inner diameter of the pipe can be from 100 up to 8000 mm;
a single section length is up to 6000 mm;
products of transportation temperature up to 300 °С
ambient temperature from - 60°С up to + 50°С
materials: glass fiber-reinforced plastic, carbon fiber-reinforced plastic.
operation life up to 50 years
The serial production of the following items is arranged:
• Pipes for underground pipelines, for electric and communication lines, including sewer pipes and pipes for hot and cold water.
• Fiberglass joints for sewage pumping stations, which are designed for complete sets of pumping stations in sewerage systems and exploited at рН 68 level of working medium corrosiveness. The exploitation of fiberglass sewage pumping stations doesn’t re-quire considerable expenditure of energy and their arrangement is several times cheaper in comparison with their ferroconcrete analogues.
• pipes for the systems of external hydraulic ash removal
- золошлаковые абразивные гидросмеси плотностью до 2200 кг/м3 с водородным показателем РН от 6 до 12;
- ash-and-slad abrasive hydromixtures with the density up to 2200 kg/m3 with pH value from 6 to 12;
- твердые включения объемной концентрацией до 20%, микротвердостью до 11000 Мпа.
- shots with volume concentration up to 20% and microhardness up to 11000 MPa.
2. the temperature of the pumped medium is from 5 to 300ºС.
3. Working pressure in the pipeline is up to 2,4 MPa.
4. Transportation rate is 1,5 - 3,0 m/sec.
5. The inner surface of the pipeline is smooth. It allows to decrease considerably friction loss and therefore to decrease power drain during hydromixture transfer.
6. Pipe junction is flanged, through a sealing layer.
7. The inner diameter of pipes is from 300 up to 361 mm (it may be specified in the cli-ent’s order), a single section length is 5 m.
In order to estimate the possibilities of more extensive use of fiberglass pipes in the systems of hydraulic ash removal at electric power plants and according to the letter to FSUE Avangard of February 11, 1994 № 737 and Directive of Department of Electrical Power Engineering MinTopEnergo RF of March 31, 1994 there was appointed a commit-tee. Its aim was to examine the condition of pipes made of composite materials. The pipes were installed into an operating system of ash-and-slad hydrotransport at Dorogobuzhskaya TPP.
The pipes were exploited during the period 1989 – 1993 without any repairs and pre-ventive maintenance.
4 pipes with the diameter of 361 mm and with the length of 1,4 m each were installed.
Rubber and glass fiber cloth impregnated with epoxyphenol resin were used as a layer protecting pipes from hydroabrasive deterioration.
The commission examined the condition of the removed pipes and came to the follow-ing conclusion:
- The outside condition of all the pipes is excellent.
The lowest hydroabrasive wear-out is characteristic of the pipes with the inner layer made of fiberglass reinforced plastic on the basis of glass cloth, impregnated with epoxy-phenol binding agent.
Fiberglass pipes can be used in the systems of hydraulic ash removal at thermal power plants for ash-and-slad pipelines as well as for return lines of clarified water from ash dumps.
Service life period of ash-and-slad pipelines is from 3 to 4 times longer in comparison with metal pipes.